mermaid princess


Theme ©



what are dreams
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 | 0 comments
So midyears are around the corner and I've not been studying.
(Yeah blogging I know)
I was so frustrated that I lamented to my mum,
"Why do we have to go to school? 
Why am I studying? 
Why am I wasting my life memorising formulas when I could be out there exploring the world and helping people?"

I just can't help but to feel that we're all being suppressed by societal norms.
It's frustrating really, and I'm trying so hard to break free and I have to admit, I'm ashamed because I don't have the guts to break free.

I've always love the arts, be it visual arts, music, dance, theatre, literature, I love them all so much, when I was a kid I decided that one of them would become my future career. But recently, I started pondering again....why? 
Why do I want my future career to my related to the arts?
Why do I want to do it?
Is there another reason besides genuinely liking it?

And I realised... that I actually want to make change.
I know this sounds ridiculous but go ahead and laugh. I laughed at my dream too.

You know how the world seems to revolve around money and our selfish aims?
I hate it. Absolutely hate it.
Why is money so important?
Why do we need to live in big houses and own expensive cars?
Why do we need luxury items?
Why do we waste our youth, or rather our lives, pursuing things that only have superficial purposes?

What about the dreams and imaginations we had as a kid but lost them along the way?

I want to use the arts to help people realise that it's ok being different, it's ok not having the same dream as others. It's ok living a life of your own.

But I look back and think about myself. Am I really worthy of telling people these when I myself dream of breaking free but don't have the guts to do so?
Thanks, BTS.

NEWER
PAST



follow profile affiliates free page refresh